“Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.” ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Cabo San Lucas, aka “Cabo” is one of the top five tourist destinations in Mexico. Located on the tip of the 800 mile long Baja peninsula, it is known for the beautiful beaches and water activities including sport fishing, scuba diving and marine life.
Back in 1998 it was more of a sleepy village, just starting to come alive with a sudden burst of condominiums and an influx of tourism. Today it is heavily populated with time share units and a favorite cruise line stop.
Here are a few things you might or might not know about this destination:
- Cabo San Lucas is combined with the neighboring town of San Jose del Cabo to form Los Cabos
- Although many areas in Mexico have a reputation for being unsafe as a travel destination, Cabo remains one of the safer choices.
- It is a terrific place for whale watching. Pods of whales migrate from Alaska to bear their calves in the warm water of the Sea of Cortez.
- It is home to some of the most thrilling sport fishing with yearly Marlin championships
- According to archeological excavations, the area has been inhabited for over ten thousand years.
- One of the most well known landmarks of the area is El Arco, or The Arch
- The Pacific Ocean is on one side and the Sea of Cortez on the other
What to do in Cabo:
- Water activities available include kayaking, sailing, boogie boarding, water-skiing, stand up paddle board, snorkeling, scuba diving and parasailing
- Day cruises include a variety of options such as motorboats, catamaran, sailboats or tall ship
- You can arrange to swim with dolphins, go zip lining, or rent a 4×4, ATV or moped
- Golfing on a variety of courses
For a more inclusive list of activities available you can click here.
Travel safety to Mexico:
Traveling to any foreign country brings up fear for some people, but how much is based on fact, and how much is blown out of proportion or sensationalized news articles? If I was to solely use that criteria, I would probably never set foot in my own back yard – Los Angeles!
There is currently a travel warning in effect to Mexico, but it is based on specific areas and caution should be taken. Knowledge is you friend when preparing your itinerary. Here is a link to the latest travel advisory.
According to the US Department of State on their October, 2014 release, they state:
“Baja California (Sur): Cabo San Lucas and La Paz are major cities/travel destinations in the state of Southern Baja California – No advisory is in effect.”
Some boarder cities remain more hazardous, and being informed before you travel is always a good idea. You can read a much more in depth article here.
Gratitude Moment: Today I am grateful for my Vitamix blender. My son is a health fanatic in all the good ways ~ eating organic whole foods, long bike rides and trips to the gym, drinking lots of water and plenty of sleep. He introduced me to drinking date shakes and other fruit and veggie smoothies that I can whip up in a few minutes at home.
I just saw this article on the internet for anyone trying to figure out which blender may be the right choice for you if you are considering getting into juicing.