OK, so our home has now been sold, we have moved out and are eagerly awaiting getting on the road.
Our son is taking over our business for us, so my husband will be spending some blocks of time over the next few months getting Dane comfortable with running the company. Tim and I started the company in 1991. The company consumed us for many years, often 16-18 hour days, 7 days a week in it’s infancy. It took that time and devotion to make it grow and eventually thrive. Like many others, we were deeply effected by the economic downturn and the company is a shadow of it’s boom-time glory. It is now time for the next generation to take the helm and create his own legacy.
We have moved into our tiny mountain cabin for a temporary “home” base while we wind up all the loose ends. What we need to get done before we officially hit the road in 2014:
- Get Dane comfortable with the day-to-day components of running the business
- Get our center cap part of the company set up, inventoried and operational
- Rent out our unused commercial property
- Buy a few more travel clothes (light weight, wrinkle free, quick drying)
- Get a travel computer. I am leaning toward a MacBook Pro.
- Medical check ups and complete vaccinations
- Tim get eye surgery ??? (this is undecided at the moment)
In the meantime I am researching travel plans, trying to learn how to write a blog and connect it through social media. But what about the rest of this year? Yes we will fit in a bit of traveling throughout the rest of 2013. Here is what is planned so far:
- A couple of road trips TBD
- A surprise trip with my BFF and her hubby to celebrate her birthday
- Fly to Illinois to spend some time with Tim’s family
- A three week trip to Thailand in November